BROTHERHOOD FOR THE FALLEN, SUFFOLK COUNTY
RULES AND GUIDELINES FOR DEPLOYMENTS
When you deploy to a line of duty funeral as a member of the Brotherhood For The Fallen, Suffolk County, you do so as a representative of your department, whether it be the Suffolk County Police Department or any of our member outside agencies. You also represent the BFTF. Therefore, you must abide by all of your department rules and regulations particularly regarding the wearing of your uniform and carrying your firearm. Your behavior is a DIRECT reflection on your department and the BFTF. Here are some rules and guidelines for members to follow when on deployment.
- Wear only authorized dress uniform for all services.
- Change into appropriate civilian attire for social events.
- Maintain appropriate facial hair standards. This includes retirees.
- Follow regulations regarding your firearm for travel. https://www.tsa.gov/travel/transporting-firearms-and-ammunition
- Do not consume alcohol in uniform.
- Maintain your professionalism at all times.
- Speak only positively about your department. This is not the venue for political posturing, particularly when being interviewed by the media.
- Talk about the Brotherhood.
- You will be presenting a check to the family of the fallen on our behalf.
- Do not make your own travel arrangements.
- Do not change travel arrangements without first conferring with a Travel Secretary.
- Lastly, know how proud we all are that you have deployed to represent us. Thank you.